Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep
Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep Comparison Chart
Check out the comparison chart. We also give you descriptive detail explaining both the similarities and the differences between Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep so you can make an informed decision. Your baby will spend over 70% of their first year sleeping, so what they sleep on is a very important decision.
What is the difference between Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep™?
The fact is, there really isn’t much of a difference between Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep™. How do I know? I am one of the patent authors on the original Breathe Easy Baby design – US Patent Number US8607390B2
The original, and may I add, revolutionary breathe-through crib mattress design was launched in 2010 under the company name Secure Beginnings®.
Leaving the Past Behind
So now let’s fast forward to 2018. After irreconcilable differences between the three founders of Secure Beginnings®, two different companies emerged; SafeSleep™ and Breathe Easy Baby. Slight differences between Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep™ exist.
Yes, even businesses can end up in divorce. As with most divorces, we focused on the children. In this case, our baby! Our revolutionary crib mattress that addresses all the safety and comfort issues that no other standard crib mattress can.
However, like many divorces, we did not agree on how to best raise “our baby.” Like most divorced couples sharing custody of a child, we took different approaches to nurturing “our baby.” We didn’t want to change our perfect baby. We just had some fundamental differences on how to best raise her! Hence, the difference between Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep™ emerged.
Similarities and Differences
Let’s start with the similarities:
- Both Mattresses have no fill or core
- Both use solid hardwoods
- Both have vented openings for passive air-flow
- Both use the same spring loaded steel tube bar system
- Both use the same stainless steel hinge system
- Both use a 3D air-permeable topper a baby can breathe right through
- Both were born under the same patent
- Both have been scientifically tested to have a Co2 dissipation rate 10 times faster than a traditional crib mattress (Breathe Easy Baby Test Data) ( SafeSleep Test Data)
- Both have passed the Australia/New Zealand testing for a firm crib mattress (AS/NZS 8811.1:2013) (Breathe Easy Baby Firmness Testing) (SafeSleep Firmness Testing)
- Both have been tested to have an air-permeability rate of over 330x that of a fiber-filled crib mattress (Intertek Test Data for Breathe Easy Baby and Same Intertek Test Data for SafeSleep)
Now, the differences:
- Only SafeSleep™ uses Infant friendly water-based paints for the wood sides
- Breathe Easy Baby’s locking bar mechanism must constantly be tightened or the bars randomly pop open
- Only SafeSleep’s™ new locking system has a secondary latch to ensure the bars cannot pop open
- SafeSleep’s™ fabrics are OEKO-TEX® certified fabrics, ensuring no harmful substances. Breathe Easy Baby admits to using low-cost polyester fabrics that are not certified
- Only SafeSleep™ uses a lightweight mattress bottom made from virgin plastic with no VOC’s or off-gassing. Breathe Easy Baby use a heavy solid plastic that is difficult to control tolerances so it known to pop out of the frame which is problematic for dispelled liquids and cleaning
- SafeSleep™ believes parents shouldn’t have to wait for weeks or even days for their products, that’s why we ship all our products the day you place your order.
The Most Surprising Difference
The “Most Surprising” difference between the Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep Breathe-Through Crib Mattress is the price! The ABC SafeSleep Crib Mattress is $299 and the Breathe Easy Baby Crib Mattress is $399. Both Breathe Easy Baby and SafeSleep offer free shipping.
Check out the SafeSleep Breathe-Through Crib Mattress here!
If you still want to pay $100 more for the “almost same” crib mattress by the “Other Company” go here!
Over 80 thousand infants have slept safely and comfortably on the SafeSleep™ Breathe-Through Crib Mattress with not one single reported incident, injury or death.