The only crib mattress your baby can safely breathe through without the risk of rebreathing carbon dioxide. Rebreathing is a risk associated with SIDS deaths. Safety for your baby, and peace of mind for you.
The only crib mattress that’s completely and conveniently washable. With NO foam, plastic core, glue, latex, or springs to worry about, your baby experiences a sanitary and hypoallergenic sleep.
Safer, Better, Longer Sleep™
The perfect level of continuous air circulation, optimal comfort, and firm support, means your baby will sleep safer, better and longer on a SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress. And you wake up to a well rested, happy baby.
What Sets The SafeSleep® Apart From Other Crib Mattresses?
The SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress has no fill or core materials to trap harmful CO2
Babies take a breath every 1-2 seconds.
They take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide (CO2).
Rebreathing CO2 can cause your baby to stop breathing.
Back sleeping is preferred, because most crib mattresses are known to trap CO2.
Since an infant takes a breath every 1-2 seconds,
which mattress would you rather your baby sleep on?
Other Crib Mattresses
- It takes 160 seconds for carbon dioxide to dissipate into a firm crib mattress.
- Carbon dioxide is accumulating when a baby is face down on a firm crib mattress.
SafeSleep® Breathable Crib Mattress
- It takes less than 0.5 seconds for carbon dioxide to dissipate into the SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress.
- Carbon dioxide on the SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress leaves before your baby takes their next breath of air—even if your baby is sleeping face down.
Curious How The SafeSleep® Breathe-Through Crib Mattress Works?
What Parents Are Saying!
- Completely breathe-through even if infant is face down
- Completely and EASILY washable
- 2 Part System - white painted solid (poplar) wood base with removable 3D open-weave, breathe-through topper
- 3D medical grade spacer fabric made from high filament count micro denier fibers
- 3D topper has a natural wicking process, so liquids do not pool on the surface
- Topper has a drying rate of over 60% quicker than a thin cotton
- Our fabrics are OEKO-TEX® certified assuring there are no harmful chemicals
- Locking bar system creates taut/firm surface perfect for infants and toddlers
- Stainless Steel hardware for durability
- No fill or core to cause positional pressure on an infant's soft bones and skull
- Scientifically tested and proven to significantly reduce the risk of carbon dioxide rebreathing
- First U.S. crib mattress to meet Australian/New Zealand firmness standards
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC standards
- ASTM air-permeability rate of over 300x a conventional crib mattress
- No need for crib sheets or other crib bedding
- Lead and phthalate free.
- No chemicals used for fireproofing or waterproofing
- No off gassing, hypoallergenic and recyclable
- Fits in standard size cribs and toddler beds
- Tested to hold up to 80 lbs.
- Standard weight of mattress is 20 lbs.
- Mattress dimensions: 51 x 27 1/4 x 5
- Simply unzip the underside of the topper and pull the topper off the metal bars.
- Put topper in washing machine with a detergent mild enough for baby's sensitive skin
- Topper can be tumbled dry on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, or air dry
- If topper becomes stained, fill your washing machine with water, and add a ½ cup of bleach in the washing machine prior to placing the topper in for washing. Let the topper soak for 10 to 15 minutes and complete the wash cycle
- Base can be wiped down using a damp cloth and mild soap to disinfect
- The SafeSleep® Crib Mattress has a 10 fold decrease in carbon dioxide accumulation compared to a firm crib mattress. It takes 2 minutes for carbon dioxide to dissipate on a firm crib mattress with a tight sheet; it takes less than 1/2 a second for it to dissipate on the SafeSleep® Crib Mattress. An infant takes a breath every 1-2 seconds, meaning the carbon dioxide (poisonous gasses) would be gone before the infant takes their next breath of air – even if face straight down.
- Australia and New Zealand have adopted a standard for crib mattress firmness, known as AS/NZS 8811.1:2013, and the SafeSleep® Crib Mattress is the only mattress in the United States that has passed the Australia and New Zealand crib mattress firmness test.
- SafeSleep® Breathe-Through Crib Mattress has an air permeability rate over 330 times ((average flow (ft3/ft2.min:) 335)) compared to a standard crib mattress with vinyl cover ((average flow (ft3/ft2.min:) .15))
- The fabrics used for SafeSleep® products are all tested using STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. OEKO-TEX® certified fabrics means textiles were tested for harmful substances.
- Products are shipped via UPS
- Products ship in 1-2 business days
The SafeSleep® 100% Breathe-Through Crib Mattress Provides Your Baby the Safer. Better, Longer Sleep™ and Provides You with Peace of Mind.
If you are dissatisfied with your purchase of any SafeSleep® product, you can return them within 60 days of purchase with free return shipping.