SafeSleep® Breathe-Through Crib Mattress – Scientifically Proven as the Safest Breathable Crib Mattress
A Revolutionary Breathable Crib Mattress Design
SafeSleep® Breathe-Through Crib Mattress addresses all the safety, health, and sanitary issues associated with other traditional, organic, and other breathable crib mattresses. The SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress is rated as the best crib mattress. SafeSleep® is a trusted brand since 2010.
100% Breathe Through
- Testing shows 100% oxygen rich air when breathing through the crib mattress
- Baby breathes normally even if baby is sleeping face down
- Entire surface is easily removed for machine washing
- Surface can easily be wiped clean for small accidents
- Base can be wiped clean while still in the crib
No Toxic Chemicals
- We left out foam, latex, glues, adhesives, polymers, fire retardants, waterproofing chemicals, viscose, vinyl, silica, nano-coatings, & allergens
No Fiber Fill
- Nothing to trap pathogens, mold, or dust mites
- No core to bathe or shower
- Nothing to impede air flow
Won’t Trap CO2
- Tested showing significantly low CO2 retention
- Scientific testing shows CO2 is gone before baby takes their next breathe of air
- The only fill is free flowing air and a mattress cannot get any more organic than having air as its fill
No Fire Retardants
- The SafeSleep® breathable crib mattress complies with all fire and flammability standards without using any fire retardants
- There is no fill or core to retain a flame
No Waterproofing Chemicals
- There is no fill to contaminate so waterproofing is not necessary
- Water wicks away from a sleeping baby
- There is no risk of liquids pooling on the surface which can be dangerous
Won’t Trap Heat or Moisture
- There is no barrier or coating to trap moisture or heat
- Keeps baby’s core temperature stable. Not too hot and not too cold.
- Completely breathe-through even if infant is face down
- Completely and EASILY washable
- 2 Part System - white painted solid (poplar) wood base with removable 3D open-weave, breathe-through topper
- 3D medical grade spacer fabric made from high filament count micro denier fibers
- 3D topper has a natural wicking process, so liquids do not pool on the surface
- Topper has a drying rate of over 60% quicker than a thin cotton
- Our fabrics are OEKO-TEX® certified assuring there are no harmful chemicals
- Locking bar system creates taut/firm surface perfect for infants and toddlers
- Stainless Steel hardware for durability
- No fill or core to cause positional pressure on an infant's soft bones and skull
- Scientifically tested and proven to significantly reduce the risk of carbon dioxide rebreathing
- First U.S. crib mattress to meet Australian/New Zealand firmness standards
- Meets all ASTM and CPSC standards
- ASTM air-permeability rate of over 300x a conventional crib mattress
- No need for crib sheets or other crib bedding
- Lead and phthalate free.
- No chemicals used for fireproofing or waterproofing
- No off gassing, hypoallergenic and recyclable
- Fits in standard size cribs and toddler beds
- Tested to hold up to 80 lbs.
- Standard weight of mattress is 20 lbs.
- Mattress dimensions: 51 x 27 1/4 x 5
- Simply unzip the underside of the topper and pull the topper off the metal bars.
- Put topper in washing machine with a detergent mild enough for baby's sensitive skin
- Topper can be tumbled dry on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, or air dry
- If topper becomes stained, fill your washing machine with water, and add a ½ cup of bleach in the washing machine prior to placing the topper in for washing. Let the topper soak for 10 to 15 minutes and complete the wash cycle
- Base can be wiped down using a damp cloth and mild soap to disinfect
- The SafeSleep® Crib Mattress has a 10 fold decrease in carbon dioxide accumulation compared to a firm crib mattress. It takes 2 minutes for carbon dioxide to dissipate on a firm crib mattress with a tight sheet; it takes less than 1/2 a second for it to dissipate on the SafeSleep® Crib Mattress. An infant takes a breath every 1-2 seconds, meaning the carbon dioxide (poisonous gasses) would be gone before the infant takes their next breath of air – even if face straight down.
- Australia and New Zealand have adopted a standard for crib mattress firmness, known as AS/NZS 8811.1:2013, and the SafeSleep® Crib Mattress is the only mattress in the United States that has passed the Australia and New Zealand crib mattress firmness test.
- SafeSleep® Breathe-Through Crib Mattress has an air permeability rate over 330 times ((average flow (ft3/ft2.min:) 335)) compared to a standard crib mattress with vinyl cover ((average flow (ft3/ft2.min:) .15))
- The fabrics used for SafeSleep® products are all tested using STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®. OEKO-TEX® certified fabrics means textiles were tested for harmful substances.
- Products are shipped via UPS
- Products ship in 1-2 business days
What Parents Are Saying About this Patented Breathable Crib Mattress!
See what parents are saying about the breathe-through crib mattress by SafeSleep®. A safer alternative to other breathable crib mattresses.